The ValleyBike System & Safety Tips!
To use the ValleyBike system, complete the steps below:
- Join: Become a member and use the bikes regularly. To start riding, simply purchase a membership on the website, mobile app, or directly at a station kiosk!
- Unlock: Unlock a bike using the mobile app or tap your membership card/fob on the handlebars.
- Ride: Please consider wearing your helmet and enjoy the ride! Keep your ride under the allotted time to avoid incurring extra time fees. The secondary lock can be used to secure the bike to a rack for any stops you need to make along the way.
- Return: Dock your bike at any station. Listen for the sound to confirm that it has been secured, and check the bike screen for the “docked bike” indication to appear.
Please note that the City of Holyoke owns ValleyBike, and misuse of the system and damage to the bikes is PROHIBITED.
- Plan your ride.
- Inspect your bike.
- Wear a helmet.
- Respect the road code.
- Use hand signals.
- Be careful, predictable, and respectful!
If your bike has an issue, return it and take another one or call us at 1-877-460-2435.